Monday, September 07, 2009

I bet he was not supposed to announce this one! L:)

UGA defensive back tests positive for swine flu

By Tim Tucker

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

STILLWATER, Okla. — Georgia backup defensive back Makiri Pugh did not make the trip to the Oklahoma State game after testing positive for the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu, UGA coach Mark Richt said in his postgame press conference.


“I don’t even know if I’m allowed to say that,” Richt said. “I probably shouldn’t have said that.”


Richt said quarterback Joe Cox tested negative for swine flu.

Richt said it’s not known how long Pugh, a redshirt freshman from Charlotte, will be out of action. “Even with guys who have that H1N1, sometimes it’s a quick turnaround, sometimes it’s not,” he said. “We’ll just have to see.”

Asked if any players other than Pugh and Cox have had flu-like symptoms, Richt said: “I’m not saying anything else about health because I don’t want to get into trouble.”

No comments: